Staldren® is a dry desinfectant product that helps to improve the environment for agriculture with different animal production
- The compound is a drying agent which dehydrates the most common sources of bacteria and infection. Its ability to dehydrate wet bedding removes the possibility of maggots or larvae from striking.
- It decreases the number of red mites in layer houses by 95 per cent. The product is a hygiene solution in powder form which has a broad-spectrum effect against bacterial and fungal spores.
- It also decreases dampness and smells from wet litter.
- The compound is applied on surfaces inside the poultry house including litter, nesting/laying boxes and can also be used as a dry foot bath at the entrance of the poultry house. It should be mixed together with litter before a new flock/day old chicks are introduced into the coop.
- Since it is non-toxic, it is not poisonous even when ingested and helps in keeping the digestive tract healthy.
- Since it binds ammonia in the litter and dries up the moisture, it helps in reducing cases of chronic respiratory diseases and decrease cases of foot pad burns (dermatitis), a condition caused by wet and sticky litter. The litter quality is therefore improved since it remains dry.
- Cases of diarrhea caused mostly by E-coli bacteria have also been reduced in farms which use the compound.
- Due to its disinfection properties, it is used in dairy farming as well as in pig production. It is applied in the animal’s pen for hygienic purposes.
The effectiveness of Staldren®
- Increases survival rate
- Increases immunity
- Increases growth rate
- Reduces medicine cost
- Positive cost benefit