Feed intake when needed most
For the optimal development of piglets
Weaning is commonly the most stressful period that young animals face during their development. The problem derives mainly from the current intensive practices in the industry where the mothers are unable to satisfy the nutritional needs of the newborn animals. To improve the feeding behavior, creep feed may be offered to habituate the animals to future feed and improve both their short-term and long-term performance.
TasteMaster is a specialized proprietary formulation of functional ingredients enriched with Glutamate, Arginine and other important amino acids. It is designed to enhance the feed intake of pre-weaned animals and battle key challenges of their development.
TasteMaster is made up of minerals and flavouring substances and contains hydrolysed fermentation products as source of highly digestible proteins, peptides and glutamic acid, in combination with substances producing an attractive flavour and long lasting aroma. Short and medium chain fatty acids provide specific energy to improve gut health. Complementary to fatty acids, essential oils and plant extracts support the natural symbiosis between host and microflora under stressfull conditions.
- – Higher creep feed intake gives:
- fewer animals without feed intake before weaning
- higher feed intake immediately after weaning
- less diarrhoea after weaning
- – Feed adaptation stronger & earlier
- – Accelerated maturation of the young gut
- – Reduction of early weaning problems (poor growth, mortality)
- – Great performance with highly prolific sows (Danbred breed) where inadequate milk availability is a key issue